matchmaking

I'm fascinated with the idea of connecting people to others either in work or in life. I don't know what it is but I think it's so cool.

I heard a story once about a real estate agent who showed his client a house that a female friend of his owned. The client usually would look at a house for 4.2 minutes and dismiss it. This lady's house seemed more attractive to him. The client stayed there an hour, then asked the female owner to go to lunch with he and his agent, then to a party with them that night, etc. Eventually they started dating, got married and she moved back into the house that she sold him. Now that's a story....you not only find your client a house, but a wife too. You should get big bucks for that one : )

I can't say that's ever happened in my matchmaking efforts but I have connected someone with a job and had some friends end up on a date or two. And, maybe prompted an interested party into asking my friend to dinner. It's funny how it's so much easier to promote someone else than to promote yourself.

Of course, I've had my share of non-matches too. I thought I'd get my two friends who are both stay-at-home moms together for lunch because I thought it should just work. Not so much. There's a whole other world out there of kid competitiveness that I know nothing about. Needless to say, that was the last lunch I invited both of them too....

Comments