selflessness is a dying breed

It amazes me how some people are so willing to help others and receive help in return and others just don't abide by that at all. They are all about the money. Why do something for others if you don't benefit from it? Granted maybe these people help in various ways: they give their money instead of their time but to me it doesn't feel the same. Maybe because in some ways time is more valuable than money or it means more--not that money isn't good too : )

It just amazes me that other people I know aren't like this. (This sentence doesn't apply to my mom who graciously helped me move in January in the freezing weather and from 6 p.m. until 11:30 p.m. each night!) Sherrie's cousin took his frequent flyer miles to fly he and her brother-in-law to Texas and then drove back with him and the U-Haul when they moved back to Ohio. Craig's dad and brother flew out here and took vacation time from work to pack him up and then drive 52 hours back home. Betsy's family is always helping each other do house stuff or move or whatever needs to be done. To the best of my knowledge I don't think any of these families sent each other a bill for it....

Comments