High tech update

A month after my going high tech entry, I can say that I have made great strides in my high tech hopes. I am now a subscriber to Road Runner, am on a wireless network at home and am a week or so away from having Vonage digital phone service. Oh yeah, and I learned how to forward/organize all of our work email accounts into Outlook. That might not be high tech to some, but to me that was also huge--if only for the time savings of not having to check all the accounts manually.

And, I've communicated via the Internet with video and audio through netmeeting--or "meeting at the net" as I like to call it. I still can't get over the fact you can use your computer as a phone and see the person you are talking to like you're right there with them--who knew?! Okay, lots of people knew that existed but it's still really cool!

And, I've learned that those non-high tech people like me can find out about how to potentially fix computer problems through these computer websites on Microsoft or others. Funny how I never thought there would be so much help out there. Now that I'm teetering out of low-tech, I think I'm at the worst spot: I don't really know what I'm doing with regards to technology, but I know just enough to be dangerous....

Comments