just call me ms. fix it

My excitement this weekend was installing my new (okay, not so new since it was a Christmas present--from 2004) programmable thermostat. How exciting! The most exciting thing is that I did it myself. I even bought electrical wire tape at Lowes which I didn't need but the fact that I can say I have worked with wires is worth the $.60 the tape cost. To be fair, it wasn't nearly as hard as it seemed and actually programing it was even easier--which was the reason why none of my other installer possiblities ever wanted to install it for me.

Anyway, along with my new thermostat, I also put up the box that makes the sound for my doorbell (I really don't know what that's called). So, for those of you have come over to my place and couldn't figure out why the doorbell didn't ring, maybe now it will work more consistently : ) And, yes, can you believe it, there's more! I hung four pictures. Wow, it was really quite a Saturday and the Buckeyes won so that's cool.

In other news, today I ran into the two people I wrote about in my last entry! I saw my friend Kelly at church and saw my friend Andy's parents at Panera after church. My new project with Kelly is trying to "match" my nephew and her stepson so they can be friends. I just know it will work. I am a little worried though because after the first week of high school, my nephew decided he thinks girls are pretty cool. That may interfere with his interest in adding a new guy friend to his life...

When I saw Andy's parents at Panera, I realized that watching your friends become parents is one thing, but watching your friends' parents become grandparents is another. It's great when your friends become parents but you kind of feel like you don't have that common single or married person without kids thing in common anymore. You are so happy for them but think that their lives have changed forever while yours has stayed the same.

With parents becoming grandparents, you just can't help but be as thrilled as they are! I offered my congratulations on the book and the baby. Just then I could see how excited they both are--out of the purse comes baby pictures. "Oh, I don't want to bore you with a lot of photos, but here she is! She's a month old now. They are coming to Ohio in October, you'll have to stop by!" How cute is that!

In other news, my friend Patti had her baby. Some of you might have heard the story of her telling her son Nate that "their baby was on her way" just as her husband came home from work which when Nate heard the door open he thought that little Eva Lee was coming home right then! Luckily her real arrival was only a few weeks after that.

Okay, enough about homes, matchmaking and babies, I'm off to get some groceries...

Comments