Nicknames

Growing up and in college, I was always around girls. I lived with my mom, I lived in all girls dorm, I lived in a sorority house with 44 other girls and I had a girl roommate after college. So, when I started working I ended up working with mostly guys which was really a good thing looking at my all female background : )

Through working with guys, I've learned a lot about the other gender. What I've noticed lately is how most every guy has a nickname. In our new office, there are two Jims, two Bobs and two Todds so therefore there's a need for some nicknames....(oh, and there are three females so no need for nicknames there).

My officemates include: Buckeye Bob, T.A., Hondo, Brownie and Matty. This doesn't include the nicknames for the others that frequent our office building enough to warrant a different name. Those include: Groomer (whose last name is Groom), Mau Mau (sort of pronounced like the noise you make when something hurts) for someone's daughter Mallory, "Fred" the nickname for those guys who don't have an official nickname and Tskey for my nephew whose last name is Rotkiske (his friend made up the name so we can't take credit for that.)

If we have anymore good nicknames, I'll make sure to update this entry...or if you happen to visit our office building you might want to let us know your preferred nickname in advance so you can feel included in our "culture" : )

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.