"Mom, I'm going to study golf at college....."

As I surfed the Internet to find out the time of this week's OSU game, I found some interesting new majors at The Ohio State University. (I was checking the game time to determine if I could make it to Athens for Homecoming, be back for the end of the game for my condo association's party and still make it to dinner for Betsy's 30th birthday gathering. I'm thinking that is just too much for one day. Why is it that everything happens on the same day? : )

Anyway, back to the new majors. Check out this link to OSU's new Golf Management Major: http://hcs.osu.edu/news/detail.lasso?id=383 Interesting stuff. That makes me think of the other major of "Egyptology" that my friend's sister wanted to study in college. I'm not quite sure there's a market for Egyptology but the golf management major may be of use. When people talk about wanting to go back to school, I think I'm going to suggest golf.....

Thinking of college and majors, I remember someone in my Spanish class once said "OU treats journalism majors likes kings and queens down here." A fellow journalism major answered "Yeah. Why else do you think we'd go here?" You gotta love people's honesty sometimes : )

Comments