Random updates

It's been awhile since I've written in here and I can't say there's a real good excuse why it's taken me this long! I guess since things have slowed down at work, I've been busy trying to catch up with the rest of life and work.

I spent a few days with my grandma in her new section of the assisted care facility. She is now in the nursing home side since she shattered her leg above her knee a few weeks ago. While we hope she makes it back to her "cute little apartment" as Annie calls it, the nursing side does seem to get a lot more visitors so that is good.

In other news, the all encompassing job of real estate has gotten us the continued job of being someone's quasi guardian. It's been fine the last year since we sold the man's house but lately he's gotten himself into some legal issues which have now become our problem. The latest is his DUI charge when his blood alcohol content was .33 which is four times the legal limit. Wow....

In lighter news, another friend had a baby! (Hopefully this is the last for awhile) My friend Liz, from my Statehouse days, had Blake Alexander who should be coming to Ohio in February for all of us to see. It's a southern custom (she now lives in Oklahoma) called a "Sip and See" where people stop by to "sip" something and "see" the baby.

Also, in an update on my going high tech, I finally ordered a Palm Pilot/PDA/Handheld! (this should be good news to all of you who heard me talk and talk about this the last month). It is being shipped as I write this so I'm excited!

And, I'm excited about going out west in a few weeks. I'm going to the National Realtor Conference in San Francisco where my cousin and his wife live. Then I'm hopefully going to travel farther north on the west coast to see Portland and Seattle or at least spend some time travelling somewhere. Okay, since this is getting long. I will sign off. Hopefully, I'll have more to write sooner next time.

Comments