Getting to know someone too well

For almost the last three years, I've been working with my dad. It's gone really well for the most part. We get along well, work well together (except for when he calls me from the beach in January and we're in the middle of an ice storm in Columbus!) It's funny how I never saw my dad everyday growing up since my parents got divorced but now in my late twenties I've seen him almost everyday.

All this togetherness means you get to know your dad/boss/co-worker a little too well. He and his buddies talk about, well, guy things on the phone and usually don't hold back. Today when our newest resident comes in to get his keys, my dad is on the phone talking to his friend not knowing this guy is in our office. Of course this is the time he makes some comment that is well, a little embarrassing...

In other news, I have my first multi-night visitor coming to stay at my "new" condo this weekend so that's exciting. And, our new office building is finally having its open house next week. It's funny how popular you get when you're offering free food and drink! My Thanksgiving was pretty uneventful which was probably good. I watched the end of the movie The Family Man over the long weekend. I love the ending of that movie (stop reading if you haven't seen the movie and don't want to know the ending....) where Nicolas Cage goes to the airport to try to stop Kate from getting on the plane and going to Paris. After telling her about his "dream" of their married life together, he says "We can go off on our own and be fine, but I've seen us together and I choose us." I'm probably paraphrasing but you get the idea. It's a good holiday movie, not as funny as Elf but it definitely makes you think.

To update the holiday season count of big news announcements I can add two babies to that list. Anthony and Michelle and Jen and D.J. both have a new addition coming into their lives in the spring! Wow...

Comments