Oh the people you'll see

A quick update on my trip out west (which is almost over). So, I get waken up by my cell phone yesterday morning since there's a three hour time difference here and I guess 10:45 a.m. isn't too early to call someone in Ohio.... I decide to go running since Andrew and Yeda are still asleep. I run by the Civic Auditorium just down the street from their place and see that there must be a line six people deep around the whole building (it's a BIG building). There's also three cop cars and a "bomb squad" truck there. I think to myself "Is the Asian version of the Pope in town? (I apologize for any offense this comment might make but it was early and my brain wasn't working to think of the person's name : )" Come to find out the Dalai Lama was there! How funny. I swear I saw a Buddhist monk or two going over there so maybe just maybe it was him ; )

Oh, and if that wasn't enough, Prince Charles and Camilla are in town too. Had I known, I could have run over to where they were today.

Comments