Tis the season

Tis the season of not just hoildays and Christmas shopping, but of parties and engagements (the kind that involve a ring I mean). Just this weekend I was at two parties and heard of two engagements. Actually three parties if you count the impromptu engagement party for a couple I just met yet shared in this momentous evening of their lives with. How funny. Since none of my really close friends have gotten married, I've never been a part of the engagement night fesitivies of telling people the news. Yet, somehow as I was going over to help my friend paint her basement (in my old painting clothes) I ended up in the middle of this excitement. (The couple is also expecting a baby this spring so it's kind of an all-in-one kind of deal. Which also makes it major stress too so maybe they needed this excitement).

Then on Sunday at church, I see a girl I haven't talked to in a while (a while meaning only a few months) and find out she just got engaged too. It was sort of awkard saying "Wow! I'm so happy for you. How exciting, but I have no idea who the guy is!" It turns out it's our friend Neil (a fellow real estate agent who also works with his family) I guess I didn't realize he was dating someone either... I guess things happen fast when you're out of that social loop.

We'll see what the rest of the season brings.

Comments