random insights

Last winter I spent a lot of time watching the Sex and the City series on tapes from the library since I never saw one show while it was on HBO. Now that the show is on TBS weekly I realize that I must have missed the season that brought the show all together. Interesting.....Oh, and in hindsight I realize that Carrie wearing the ring Aidan gave her on a necklace vs. on her finger was a clear sign that "she's just not that into him." If you think that last comment is mean, it's really not. That line has won big bucks for the writers of the show. Actually the line they use is "He's just not that into you." Don't believe me? Just go check out the books and calendars they are selling with that line.

They say you choose to spend time with/hang around people partly because of how you feel when you are around them. I think the reverse would also be true. If you don't like how you feel when you are around these people, you probably shouldn't spend that much time with them. This isn't an easy conclusion to come to at first sometimes. You think "oh, so and so was just in a bad mood." "The combination of people made it weird" etc. Until one day, you finally realize, "hmm....I don't like how I feel/act around these people."

The locker room at the gym is beginning to turn into a big high school reunion. In the last week, I've run into four girls there who I've gone to high school with. Kind of funny. I also see another girl at the bank and even invited she and her husband to go skiing sometime. I find this funny because I don't think I ever did anything with her socially in high school....

Speaking of skiing, I got my anytime ski pass for Mad River so "a skiing we will go." Tis the season. If anyone's interested, let me know as it's always fun to have more people go. We're (the group of us that has gone the last few years) going on most Monday nights in Jan. and Feb. or whenever it snows. Don't knock Mad River because where else can you go skiing on a work night and still make it to work the next day?

Comments