A Winter Weekend

This weekend I went skiing, went to a wedding, went to church and lunch with my dad and went skiing again. It's weird because I've never skiied in December before and now in one weekend, I've used my pass enough to pay for a third of it. I have a feeling I'll get my money out of it this year!

In between skiing adventures, I went to my good friend's sister's wedding which was great. It's funny because when you've known someone since you were little you seem to know almost as many people as they do at the wedding. Kind of funny. I also got to wear the "cocktail dress" that I wrote about earlier so that was fun. I was glad to see I wasn't the only girl wearing a sleeveless dress in mid December. Thank God for the piece of fabric you wear around your shoulders that keeps you "warm."

During the wedding, I realized that I hope when I get married, I don't marry the guy who is referred to in the wedding toasts as "so and so here has had LOTS of girlfriends...." Or that the minister says "It's so funny that it's been such a cold December because I do remember someone saying it would be a cold day in hell before Michael gets married..." (Only Joe who did the service could get away with this since he's known Mike since he's been little and is his good friend). All in all it was a great night and Mike took the jabs at his dating life pretty well. And, the Pierson girls looked fabulous in their wedding attire : )

Lunch with my dad on Sunday revealed that I need to be more compassionate and I need to communicate. Good revelations for me to hear. It's always nice to know that when you choose to talk about you've been thinking about/struggling with for awhile your parents can tell you what you need to know but don't necessarily want to hear.

Skiing on Sunday was fun. I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried new hills which I did pretty well at in the end. Funny how things are scary at first but after you break through the initial fear, it's all good.

Comments