A year ago...

Tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of me being a home owner or rather a condo owner. And, a few days ago I hit a double digit anniversary of me driving...no need to go into that number : ) Tomorrow also marks the beginning of me being almost fully responsible for my home/condo's maintenance since my one year warranty will expire. Thank goodness my air conditioner decided to stop working this past summer vs. next summer!

Anyway, even though I moved in a year ago, I have yet to have my "house warming" party so look for that to come sometime in 2006--hopefully in the earlier part of the year. Now that my original neighbors are back, it's almost as though I just moved in : )

This weekend I got word of another announcement to add to the holiday list. Pam, who used to work with my dad in the job I have now, sent us a Christmas card with a hint about what is going on in her life. "Bells are ringing and they ain't the Christmas kind!" How exciting for her! We assume she is getting married so we'll have to call her to confirm. It's exciting news because her husband died a few years ago after a decade of lots of health issues. We're so happy that she is happy.

Speaking of happy, being happy around the holidays seems to be in short supply. I swear this season makes people go nuts. People boycott the holiday, spouses get in big fights and leave for the day and other people are sad because their life doesn't read like the Christmas letter they got from their friends (that is a whole other blog entry....). It's sad that during this happy time, a lot of people really aren't that happy. I think it has to do with the expectation of being happy and merry and bright this month. Plus the fact that on Christmas day you really can't go anywhere. You're stuck with no place to go because nothing is opened. I even drove around Christmas night just to get out of the house!

Anyway, I'm glad the holiday season was fun and also glad it's time to focus on other things....like that house warming party I still need to throw! ; )

Comments