I get by with a little help from my friends...

I've learned that friends help you do things, get through things and now, I've learned they also help you move things. This weekend I had some friends over for dinner and to help me come up with decorating ideas. I figured I would show them what things I liked and they would give advice. Little did I know, they were literally going to move my family room around to see what works best. I'm not talking about the couch and chairs that I can and have moved around myself, but my huge TV armoire cabinet that literally has been moved ONE time. My brother-in-law and I put it together in my old apt. and then Jim and Dwain moved it to one spot in my condo and that is where it has stayed for the last year. This weekend it got moved across the family room and back (yes, after all their moving efforts, the armoire ended up back almost exactly where it started). I am so impressed.

Also, I'm impressed with the color "palette" they picked out for me. I thought I wanted neutrals but after finding a pretty neutral, much on sale bedspread this weekend, I realized I need some color in my life : )

It's funny because I got an email from a friend of mine who I used to work with. She was saying she was excited because her husband of 30 some years was teaching on Tuesday nights this quarter and she would have the night all to herself! She listed all the things she was anxious to do. It's funny how at each lifestage we hope for something else when really what we have is something someone else is longing for. Her comment made me appreciate all the "nights I have to myself" and all this time for just girls hanging out together. Granted I'm not sure I'd want a lifetime of this but it's nice to know that at a different life stage, I'll look back and appreciate this time even more.

Oh, the last holiday announcement to add to the list was one I already wrote about. The guy who was meeting with my dad's friend Larry for lunch just to have lunch? Well, after trying to propose on a trip in which Larry's daughter got sick, he included her on the list of things he wanted to have in his new house. She asked him to make a list of things so he made sure to get them all and not forget them during the move. She was at the top of the list and they're getting married in May which is great.

Comments