O'Brien won and, oh yeah, the President's in town!

Way to go former OSU basketball coach Jim O'Brien! Let's just say I'm so happy he won his case against OSU for firing him without just cause. Some people are saying "Oh, OSU is going to have to pay so much money now." Well, that's too bad. That's what happens when you fire someone on speculation of NCAA violations and when you sign a valid contract with him saying you'll pay him if you break the contract. (At one point, I thought about going to law school so this stuff is interesting to me :) I'm sure OSU (or any party) would fight for any contract where they were due money and someone backed out on them.

Maybe I feel strongly since Coach O'Brien seems like such a genuine, good natured human being who probably wasn't trying to buy off a recruit, but genuinely help out his situation. Or maybe it's because I ran into him at Tuttle Mall one day around Christmas time at the card store and he politely asked the store clerk if she could help him find "something nice for his girls." What a nice dad....Anyway, way to go Coach O'Brien. Hopefully, you'll win on appeal too!

Oh yeah, President Bush is in town today which is cool. Although he's been in Ohio/Columbus so much the last four to six years it's almost not a huge news event anymore. It's kind of like "yeah, I'm busy today, but I'll catch him next time around....."

Happy Day After Valentine's Day loyal reader (okay maybe reader plus one since I think my readership is one, maybe two on a good day!) I had a fun night with the girls and even had a friend from high school join in the fun so that was cool. And, I'm glad it was a sunny warm day for February.

Comments