Babies, babies, babies and Florida

This week I started to think about this is the first year in a while that I don't know of anyone getting married soon (thus weddings I have to attend). Just as I came up with that thought, I received an onslaught of baby announcements! First, the friend of a friend whose impromptu engagement party I was a part of this winter had their baby--REALLY, REALLY early but Preston Randall's doing remarkably well for not even being two pounds and being born at 24 1/2 weeks!

Then my friend emails to tell me she's going to be an aunt! Which is followed by my cousin's wife telling me if I've heard their news. Guess what? They're having a baby too! Then another friend's friend is waiting for her baby to be born this week.

So, I talk to my friend (the one who is going to be an aunt) last night about all this baby news. As we talk and talk and talk she finally confesses that she and her husband are trying to have a baby too! My goodness. I think I need to buy stock in Babies R US : ) Somehow I think I missed this whole get married, buy a house, get a baby trend. Hopefully the trend sticks around for a while...I mean no one wants to be stuck in the 80s while everyone else is ushering in a new decade/century! ; )

In other non-baby news, I'm heading off to Florida next week. I'm excited but it hasn't hit me yet. I've been more preoccupied with getting over a cold I got then actually planning a trip! Hopefully this weekend I can get into the vacation state of mind. I did learn that where I'm going in Florida is considered a youthful area. The brochure says "It is a young, inviting community–75% of the residents of Palm Beach County are under the age of 65."

Comments