Back to a good reality

I made it back from a week in Florida from Cols. to NYC's La Guardia airport to West Palm Beach to Key West to Miami and back! I must say I feel good to be back maybe it's because the warmer weather followed me home! That's always a plus : ) Even though Wendy and I hit Florida during it's week of "record lows" for weather we had a nice time (getting a plane ticket and a rental car for less than $200 each didn't hurt either!). I guess in Florida 45 degrees at night is a record low for March....(it hit 76 on the warmest day there and low 70s on the other days so that was nice).

I'll have to download pictures but the highlights of our trip started just as we got off the plane in West Palm Beach. I looked over at the waiting area and saw Tom Brokaw! How fun! Especially fun for a journalism major like me and my reporter friend Wendy. Other highlights included me being taken for a "local" in every town we went too, Wendy and I becoming part of a tour in Key West as we walked down the street, going on a Duck Tour of Miami where the tour bus can go into water and seeing everything Trump. We drove past his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach and then as we flew into La Guardia I saw his plane by one of the hangers....now only "the Donald" can manage to keep his plane at La Guardia : )

I can't confirm this, but I might have seen Lisa Loeb (the singer and actress from VH-1's show "#1 Single") walking down the street in Miami. I'll have to check to see if she was actually in town that day since the show says she lives in NYC now and her boyfriend is in L.A. Oh, and in Key West there was a big birthday cake on one of the buildings saying "Celebrating 30 years 1976-2006." That was so nice of them to honor Wendy's birthday like that! ; ) We'll have to send them a note..... haha

Now it's back to reality although in this reality I now have a better attitude and more energy so that's worth coming to back home to : )

Comments