Weekend in the 'Ville

Here's a photo from the weekend. We're warming up (okay almost falling asleep) in the chilly basement before going to Fourth Street Live:



This past weekend I went down to Louisville, KY (along with six other people) to visit a friend and let's just say, I'm digging the 'Ville as Lisa calls it. Okay, maybe I just had a good weekend but Louisville is nice. There's cute areas, Fourth Street Live which is a great place to go out where all the restaurants and bars are on a closed off street and shopping : ).

A few of us went to the Maker's Mark distillery which is way out in nowhere Kentucky. Funny thing is, out in the middle of nowhere, I think I recognized another visitor who was someone I worked with downtown--small world. After the tour, I am now a bourbon expert ; ) or at least I know more about Maker's Mark and got to taste bourbon in the "mush" stage. Plus, the distillery is near Fort Knox which I must admit I had heard the name but didn't think the place really existed. It must exist though because there's also a Fort Knox Credit Union.

After seeing Lisa and Steve's house my decorating goal got reignited. They've been there a year and it looks great. (I think our party girl is all grown up now that she has a house, a husband and two crockpots! : ) Everything is painted, the rooms are put together etc. and it looks nice in its neutral colors and Pottery Barn style. I was so inspired that last night I went out and bought a new faucet for my half bath and some drawer/door knobs which almost completes the half bath decorating! The faucet I bought is in chrome and about $30 less but here's the link to the style:
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=231049-72981-545-SSWF&lpage=none

That's the update so far. More to come this week on the blog since my dad is out of town (again...) : )

Comments