It never hurts to ask.....

The website we post our rental units on has a service that sends us an email with information on someone that is interested in our property. Today we get this email "I can move in tomorrow if it is possible to give me two free months rent"

Hmmm...I'm wondering how that offer could play into negotiations for the couple I'm working with to buy them a house. "Mr. and Mrs. Seller, my buyers would love to buy your house. They are all set to go if you can just cover their mortgage, insurance and taxes for the first few months then we've got a deal!!"

Our response to the prospective renter: "Unfortunately, we do not offer free rent as we have learned other businesses do not accept it as currency to pay our expenses....when that happens, we will get back to you : )"

Comments