What's in your fridge?

In an attempt to eat healthfully (i.e. more fruits and vegetables less cookies, brownies and Wint-o-green lifesavers)I've tried to make meals ahead of time. It's really a great idea and it works. It works until Wednesday night that is. By then, the meals I've made on Sunday have been eaten and I'm left with a hodge podge of food in the fridge. Tonight I come up with having a grilled cheese sandwich and possibly eating some salad and veggies I bought. Perfect time to pull out the George Foreman grill for easy meal making. Or so I thought. I come back to find my sandwich with the cheese spread out on the "grill" and grilled bread. I swear ALL of the cheese oozed out of the sandwich and I was left with grilled bread! How does that happen?

So, this leaves me with eating the fore-mentioned wint-o-green sugar pills until I get back home. I ended up pulling together a reasonable yet not exciting dinner but my dessert is an example of the hodge podge. I decide to make apple crisp (hey, it's fruit! : ). It's good and even better with the cookies and cream light ice cream I put on top....Did I mention I used the ice cream with pina colada mix and strawberries the other night? yeah, hodge podge...time to go to the grocery store!

Comments