Happy Fourth of July!!!!!

Rain or shine the fourth of July will go on! I can't believe my favorite holiday is here! Yay! And, of course, July is a good month too ; ) All in all the holiday has been good. A little random, but good. My plans to go downtown to watch the show got curtailed when the rain decided to come through the city just as I was getting ready to leave. Luckily I had a connection to go to an "indoor/outdoor" party to watch the fireworks in a high rise condo building. Definitely the best view I've ever had but I think my heart is still in watching the fireworks and the people from right downtown. The party was interesting. It encouraged me to work harder on the things I've been working on lately so I don't end up in some of those people's situations.

Today, UA was in typical UA fashion by not letting bad weather rain on the parade. I mean there was just as many people (okay a few less) for a rainy parade! Maybe the attendance is high because no one wants to miss the after parade parties! Kind of funny! Tonight was random party number two which was a neighborhood block party for a friend's cousin's neighborhood. It was fun. A ton of young families live there so it was cool to see a neighborhood and childhood memories forming right there! I even got to meet some new friends who transplanted to UA from Vancouver and Toronto (by way of Chicago)-- so to all of my Canadian friends Happy Belated Canada Day!!!

At the Club Rd. block party, I also got encouraged to be a morning person again. Wait a second, that line makes it sound as though at one time in my life I was a morning person...hmm....maybe that's true but it was a very, very short period of time : ) Anyway, I was talking to someone who gets up before 6 a.m. to exercise, do chores, etc. before everyone gets up so she can get things done. Wow. I really need to work on this getting up early thing if someone is choosing to get up at that time! Way to go Tina!

So much more to say yet probably need to rest up before heading out for the fireworks and the end of my favorite holiday!

Comments