Making an impact


I'm not quite sure what happened to the month of August or the last few weeks. I swear it's still the end of July...

Updates: My new computer is here and I love it! Granted I've had about 30 minutes to set up its DVR feature but so far it's really cool. Way to go Dell laptops and a laptop that works more often than not!!! So cool : )

My condo had its first under three years old visitor a few weeks back which is exciting. Amelia, age 16 months, came over to check out my condo, play in the yard, admire the dog in apt. above and climb the mountain that is my stairs. Pretty fun. I took pictures (see photo) so the other moms I know can verify that my place is "kid friendly" and that I'm qualified to hold their little darlings ; )

Oh, speaking of little people, my friends Marsha and John just found out they are having a boy! Wow! We all thought it was a girl : )

In other news--sad news, I got an email yesterday from a high school friend saying his mom passed away over the weekend. It's so sad. It's one of those things you just can't comprehend happening to you yet you know eventually it will be a reality for us all.

It's interesting I got the email though because I really don't know John all that well. I knew exactly who he was at the reunion but I don't think we talked in high school. Other than the reunion weekend, I think we might have emailed once and ran into each other maybe twice in the past few years. The only "impact" I can think of making on his life is when I blurted out the last day of our reunion that "YOU, Johnny (insert last name) should be on THE BACHELOR!!!" Where that came from I have NO idea...I mean that sounds like nothing I would ever say! (He does look similar to Travis the last "Bachelor" so I'm thinking my wacky idea had some merit ; )

Obviousy that must have made some impact because I was among 10 or so people whom he deemed "significant" to send out the email about his mom. I guess it goes to show that you never know when you've impacted someone's life. Or, if in time of tragedy you just look to anyone who has shown you kindness to help you through the tough time.

Comments