Reconnecting, Miss Amelia and My New Computer!

I've been trying to write this entry since Monday and now it's Thursday afternoon! Somehow this happened last week too! Before I knew it Thursday was here. Wow. This past weekend I was "in town" yet I made trips to Mt. Gilead to help Gena celebrate her 30th birthday and then to Granville on Sunday to reconnect with Patrick and Claudia and to get to meet Miss Amelia (pictured with Claudia hugging their cat!) (The photo of Patrick, Amelia and me got banned from blog entry use since it screams "Kaci needs a haircut!") It was SO great to be back in touch with Patrick and Claudia!

One of the highlights from Sunday in Granville was the realization that being married, having a child, having a job, having friends and traveling can all co-exist! I'm so encouraged!! Plus, you can let your friends HOLD your child and be okay with that!!! Not only did I get to hold Amelia but she came back over to me a few times and wanted me to pick her up. I'm thinking I better go get some toys for her to play with for when they come to visit Columbus two times in the next few weeks! (I'm still in shock that I have friends who have a child and will come to visit me in Columbus!)

In other news, I ordered my new laptop and dual TV tuner yesterday!!!! I'm SO excited!!! It was funny because I had priced out the model I wanted and as I talked to my Dell small business representative, the price kept getting lower and lower! (When does that ever happen?!) I ended up getting more memory, a bigger hard drive and the dual TV tuner for just about what I would have paid for the original laptop I checked out! Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions and a HUGE thanks goes out to Mr. Craig who used some of his vacation time to help me research my new computer line by line to make sure I was getting the right options! Plus, I even have a link to the TV tuner manual so I can learn how to use it before it arrives!!! (I think my new laptop will be truly international with the Canadian research and when I got home I realized my Dell Rep called me back from Dell Canada!)

Now the obessive checking of the Dell website to check the progress of my order has begun! haha I'll keep you posted.

Comments