So these are my Thirties

Now that I have almost three months logged in at the age of 30, I thought it was time to reflect on this new age, new decade, new "life begins at thirty" idea. Or actually reflect on the things no one tells you about thirty:

1. One day you wake up and realize you know more people who are either married and pregnant or have little kids than you have friends who are dating someone
or in a relationship. (Okay so maybe this isn't a good comparsion since I'm starting to believe no one dates any more! The whole guy/girl liking each other at the same time idea really boggles my mind--really it's a miracle when it happens. I'm just a dream weaver of getting people houses, not a miracle love finder ; )

2. Your social life becomes a big jigsaw puzzle. You have the "Who still lives in Columbus?" quandry. Then when you find someone with a local phone number, there's the people whose idea of getting together is really scheduling a meal three weeks in advance "How does the second Tuesday of November look like for you?" What?! I was thinking of tomorrow...

3. You realize the Nationwide slogan of "Life Comes At You Fast" is oh, so true and that life seems to pick up pace at an alarming rate. I mean this September was a whirlwind of activity even more so than the usual busiest month of the year. It was almost like those four weeks were a glimpse into the future. Among the usual everyday stuff, this month my family lost a close friend, welcomed a baby into the world, watched a friend and his wife separate, saw the excitement of a friend who is moving in with her boyfriend (not my idea of a good decision but she thinks it's exciting), worried about my aunt having open heart surgery (she's doing great)and put lots of miles on my car keeping up with everything from visiting friends and going on a trip to working on the real estate sales side of my job.

I'm sure there's another things I have yet to realize about this decade. Plus, there's lots of good things too! I'll have to post some photos of the whirlwind month of September soon. Again, have yet to download photos on the new computer but will soon.

Comments