The End of a Generation




This week my great, great Aunt Mary got her wish. She was ready to go home and finally she got to go there. She did all she could do in her 104 years on Earth and she was ready for heaven.

These photos were taken four years ago at her 100th birthday party! At the time, she was still living on her own and a week before her party she decided she really needed to get some new teeth for the occasion. This entailed her going in for surgery at 100 to get these new teeth! Luckily for her and all the relatives coming to California from all over the country for her party, she made it through!

What a fun party to meet all these relatives that I had heard about but never knew. Mary was one of seven kids with my great grandpa being her oldest brother. After living in Ohio for decades, five of the seven kids and their families moved out to California to live. My dad's family was one of the one or two kids who stayed in the midwest so I never got to meet the extended Logue relatives. It was kind of funny to meet these people and think "Hey, I kind of look like you!" Notice Karla above with Aunt Mary--I see a little resemblance.

When asked what is the secret of living to be a 100, Aunt Mary would promptly tell you that she was the ONLY sibling who never got married so that must be it! We'll miss you Aunt Mary! See you in heaven : )

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry to hear about your Aunt Mary. She sounded like an incredible woman... and 104! WOW!
Anonymous said…
Thanks Andrea! Yep, Aunt Mary was a character. I still laugh when I think about her need for looking great for her party ; )

Your email has encouraged me to write in my blog more often!

Kaci
Gayle said…
My condolences also, Kaci. I'm sure she's having a grand old time in Heaven, don't you think? :) That's hilarious that she would say she lived so long b/c she was the only one who never got married! And hey, I'd want to look great at my 100th birthday party too ;)