My Fifth Anniversary

Today/this week/this month marks a milestone in my life. I can't believe I forgot about it, but someone else didn't. In fact, they found it so important that they even sent me a card and a "present." I was so impressed when I got a "Happy fifth anniversary" card from Southwest Airlines on my five years of being a Rapid Rewards member. They said "It seems just like yesterday that I first walked down the aisle..." And, I got a $15 off voucher for my next Alamo car rental.

Wow. How creative. How memorable. How much did that sway my decision making process when it comes time to book a trip? A lot.

Now that, my friends, is the reason why Southwest Airlines is one of the only airlines making money!

Next up: Survivor: The Political Edition : )

Comments

Gayle said…
It's most definitely the little things that matter! Stuff like that is a drop-in-the-hat for big companies. But can mean so much to the little guy.

I have always liked Southwest.

Congratulations Kaci! Here's to the next 5 years!
hpytrvlr said…
I think if you travel a lot, Southwest is not as "business traveller friendly". However, there are some things they do that make it understandable that those that travel less frequently than every week or a few times a month might like them. Humor goes a long way when stressed, anxious and in less than familiar territory.

Here's to many more flights to pleasurable destinations, Kaci!
Anonymous said…
I like Southwest but it's probably because they have reasonable prices and less hassle about changing your ticket.

Kaci