Christmas craziness

Since I browsed through the other blogs I check and realized no one has written anything in a long time, I thought I should write something (note to self, add links to other blogs on my blog....).

I think the lack of blogging could be the time of year. There's the usual holiday parties you go to that fill up every December weekend by the time November hits. When someone asks if you'd like to do something, you have to respond with "Oh, I'm sorry, I'm booked on Saturdays through January...maybe we can get together next year?" Then there's the work/social events that just pop up with a week or two weeks' notice. Sure you'd love to go but that was the one night that week where you actually had nothing to do so you're hesitant to commit because you realize you still have gifts to buy and your refrigerator is sort of low on food...not to mention, you can't remember the last time you cleaned your bathroom...

This happened to me yesterday. After my travel circuit the last three weeks (I mean, "Heisman Trophy Winner" Troy Smith has nothing on me when it comes to being on the go ; ) haha) I took yesterday to finish some shopping and actually sit on my couch for the first time in a long time and I watched the movie Elf so the Christmas season has officially begun now. This morning when I went to eat breakfast I realized, "Oh no, I should have gone to the grocery store yesterday! I guess that will have to wait until Wednesday or is it next Saturday? I don't remember!!!" You gotta love the month of December!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Man, do I know what you mean about busy. Everyone wants to catch up at the holidays and I can't even set up a date with a new guy because I have no evenings free. Not to mention trying to get my hours in at work!