My path to being a granola

In college one of my "sorority sisters" (I always hated that term) would call the tree hugging, environmentalists who were vegans "granolas." As I came back from the grocery store this week with a cart full of "healthy foods," I thought I just may be on the track to being a granola....

The amazing thing is eating healthfully seems to be more expensive. By the time you buy the "POM" pommegrante juice with mango, the vitamin rich OJ, the trans fat free Triscuits and the multi-grain tortillas (yes, they do make those!) the dollars start to add up. Thank goodness for the Kroger brand frozen vegetables that were $1 each and the discounted brownies---I mean, I need something to look forward to eating! haha

Since I eat pretty healthful already, I am thinking my path to granola-hood shouldn't be too bad. Except of course, I draw the line at eating tofu...that even sounds gross ; )

Comments