What a difference a year makes




This weekend I made a trip over to Dayton to see Annie, Jonothan and Jon (also known as "Baby Jon" or "Jon Jon.") I haven't seen them in so long! It's funny how much difference that makes in a child's life. Over a year ago, Jon was a little scared of other people. I think I got to hold him maybe two or three times in his lifetime at that point and basically that was just so there was documentation that people held him! ; )
Now, at two and a half, he's a little more social and a little more mesmerized by other people. You could say he's definitely going to be a "lover." With a little prompting from mom and dad he anticipated my arrival. He was a little nervous at first but once I joined him in running through the house, he thought I was great! So great in fact, that the first thing he said when he woke up at 7 a.m. on Saturday morning was "Is Kaci awake?" Haha No, Kaci is never awake at this time. I do like this idea that I am the first thing someone thinks about when they wake up! He enjoys standing at the bottom of the stairs and saying "Dada! Kaci!" I mean who can sleep when someone is begging you to come down and play? Although my favorite line during my visit was "Jon Jon, Kaci go upstairs. Mama dada stay downstairs." Now that's the difference a year makes!
I even had the opportunity to see Miss Amelia (see Pumpkin show entry) this weekend too but couldn't make it. Now that would have been quite the weekend to see all my favorite people under age three in 24 hours! Oh, in other news, at last count, Claudia had nine first round interviews set up for January with one for OSU!!! Yay!! And, this Fulbright scholar thought she wouldn't be able to get a job! The rest of us knew better ; ) Speaking of OSU, stay tuned for a possible "Kaci gets to meet Nug" I'll keep you posted.

Comments