Perspective

So now that school has been cancelled for the third day in a row and it's been in the single digits for a few days now, I feel like we all have adjusted. I mean back when the temperature was in the 50s who would have ever thought we would think "Wow!! It's going to be 22 tomorrow! That's fantastic!" I even saw someone outside today with their coat unzipped....that's unheard of this week : )

Another perspective change is watching the school cancellations. As a kid you hope and pray your school will show up on the school cancellation list. As someone out of school, I now watch for my nephew's school district and my teacher friends' school districts. Tonight, for the first time in many, many years, I am watching the closings for my own benefit. I have to go to a meeting tomorrow morning that gets cancelled if the school district closes that day! This is so funny. I really do want to go to the meeting, but part of me wants to wake up tomorrow morning, see the cancellation and get that excitement again "Yes!! School is closed!" .....OH! There's hope, it's on a two hour delay right now!! C'mon closing....

Comments