Excuse me while I take a nap on your sofa


I'm in the search for a new couch. It's quite an adventure. I can see why people keep couches forever. For one, they're not cheap but more than that, sofa shopping is tricky. I'm fine with the price, it's just the pesky salespeople that make me want to go to a friend's house and say "Where did you get your sofa? I'm buying the same one!" (Actually the one pictured above is a friend's sofa!)

I know, I know, I'm in "sales" too but these showroom kind of atmospheres where the people lurk in the corner and then attack you when you enter in the door is a little much. It's just like buying a car but on a smaller scale and we all know, no one likes to go car shopping!
Anyway, if anyone has any good, bad or ugly furniture shopping experiences, please send them my way. I like sofas at Kittles and Value City Furniture right now and maybe one at Sofa Express. I didn't find anything at Macy's or Ashley furniture. Still looking around though so any help is appreciated! (photo from Value City Furniture the "Evan" collection).

Comments

Kaci said…
Thanks for your comments! You know I was going to the furniture stores at lunchtime so I sort of felt like the salespeople were descending upon me! After looking this weekend at couches, I realized that's the time to go because there are more customers there!

It is fun to look. It's funny the one you end up with when it all comes down to it. My new sofa will be pretty basic but fit better in my space. You'll have to finally come over once I get it! : )