Here to There

So, there's suspicion one of our office "family members" is having an affair. It makes me sick to think about it but I'm pretty certain I'm correct. The sad thing is that I think the woman is married as well.

It makes me think about what happens in between being excited about marrying someone and being in an affair with someone else when you're already married. I don't get it. I'm sure it's a process over time but it seems so sad that you can pull this charade over on your spouse? I mean everyone at work knows what is going on so I'm sure it's just a matter of time before she finds out.

The other thing I question is why don't his friends point this out to him? When a good friend of mine started talking about a married ex-boyfriend that had started calling her, I told her "He's MARRIED. End of story. You shouldn't meet up with him and we won't be having this discussion anymore." And, we didn't. I even know men that have told other men "Why are you having an affair?" It doesn't mean the person will stop but at least you've said something to them and made them think about what they are doing.

Okay, enough about that and my soapbox for today : )

Comments