Journey to a new family room

This weekend I made great strides in finally getting new furniture for my family room. Liz and Ryan brought down the TV center/entertainment unit we found at IKEA a few weeks ago. Ryan and I put that together while Liz went downstairs and re-arranged my basement : ) (Who knew that pregnant women had this nesting instinct. I am totally benefiting from that since their own condo is already decorated!) I felt like I was on one of those decorating shows and I got to see the finished room once it was revealed. My finished basement has never looked so good!

Anyway, here is our journey for the family room from finding the TV center at IKEA to the early stages of putting the TV center together to Liz, Ryan and their dog Neo next to the finished piece. (It's standing up now but sort of empty so not ready for photos yet.) The last photo is the color of the couch I ordered and the pillows that go with it. The couch comes in a few weeks so we'll see how it all goes together--I figure I can always change the pillows!




Comments

Gayle said…
Sorry I've been a little behind on my blog reading and I'm finally catching up :) Congrats on getting a new couch. Where did you end up buying your couch? (Sorry if you already stated that info elsewhere and I just missed it)