Hoping for the small envelope

I remember after applying for colleges, everyone talked about hoping to get the thick big envelope from the college of their choice which signified "acceptance" without even having to open the package.

Lately, I've been checking my bank account in hopes of the small envelope called my tax return to be deposited in my account. Unfortunately, no luck. Tonight as I got the mail, I got a big envelope from the IRS (just the person I was hoping to hear from! ; ) Dread fills my head as I'm sure the four dollar difference between the estimated vs. actual amount on this form I had to file is coming back to haunt me. That's the problem when you are the person LEAST likely to cause trouble because deep down you know, you are the one person the authorities are hoping to nail to make you an example for the scam artists in the world.

I opened the big envelope to see a note attached to my tax return saying "please sign....." Oh, I guess that's not so bad.....

In other news, I made it through the marathon of weddings, showers and baby showers! Two weddings, two baby showers and two wedding showers in five weekends. Whew, so excited to be done (for now) but guess what? Today the girl down the hall told me she got engaged last night! : ) Make that wedding number two for next spring....(Congrats to Tommy and Diane who got married this weekend and to Sylvia and Mitch for getting engaged last night!)

Comments