Oh, my eyes, my eyes!

That old Friends episode with Phoebe seeing the naked couple across the street in their window and her exclaiming "Oh, my eyes! My eyes!" seems to be my mantra the last few weeks. Luckily for me, it's not because I'm seeing my naked neighbors in their window but equally as bad is from my newly diagnosed allergies. Wow, who knew allergies could be so bad! I always saw people around talking about their allergies being bad but they seemed perfectly fine to me so I thought "what's the big deal?" Yeah, bad thing to think because that almost certainly guarantees that you will get whatever you thought "wasn't that bad!"

I've already gone to the doctor and got my fore mentioned "spray" and some eye drops but I must be in the severe range because I still can't see! I mean Friday night, I step outside and immediately my eyes start watering, itching, all that good stuff. Yesterday, it happened again and I even pulled out my glasses to wear out in public---that hasn't happened in years, if not over a decade.

The whole thing has made me realize how older adults always talk about their medical ailments. You never want to be "that" person (which I realize I am by writing about this!) but I see where they are coming from (when I can see that is ; ) When you have these symptoms and you have no idea how to get better, that tends to preoccupy you and you want to talk about it! A friend recommended a doctor to go to so I'm thinking me and Dr. Abner B. are going to be great friends! Plus, he just has a cool name ; ) Until then, happy ragweeed and pollen season to you! ; ) haha

Comments

That's August in Ohio for you... allergies, heat, and humidity:)