Around the world and back again


After trotting the globe and having a week in which I was in Paris, Boston, New York City and Columbus all via plane, I'm home now. The plan is to be here for awhile but we'll see. I'm learning that this year is all about craziness so anything is possible and really I'm starting to expect the unexpected.

Anyway, I spent my time in New York in Manhattan meeting up with high school friends and watching Brian and Liz get married on Long Island (photo above). It was a big Italian wedding so at moments you felt like you were on the set of the Sorpanos complete with an Uncle Ralph. There was plenty of food, plenty of drink and plenty of dancing and a little bit of sneaking off to catch the OSU game's score ; ) Here are some photos of my New York adventure:
My cousin Andrew (the best man) and his wife Yeda after the ceremony.

Gary and Jean (parents of the groom) looking fabulous in their black tie attire.

There's something about getting a "present" in a ring size box complete with a bow(notice bottom left) that sort of makes your heart stop by a feeling somewhere in between fear and excitement....

Look, it's $20 worth of beer! I guess the tab is higher on beer when you're drinking it at Tavern on the Green in the middle of Central Park (shh...don't tell anyone I don't really drink beer...)

After walking around New York City at night, we all ventured back to the hotel ready for some SLEEP! Unfortunately, we rode the elevator up to our rooms with some man that was on his cell phone. He kept talking about the body and how it wasn't decomposing and how someone needed to go get the *?#>#>$? right now!!! I couldn't help but think that I would not be alive in the morning if this man was in my hotel worrying about some "body." My cousin decided to call me to express his concern over he and Yeda's fate as well so needless to say I slept for 5.5 hours that night and woke up in time to make it to the TODAY show which was almost worth being scared to death.....

Here is Ann Curry posing in the crowd looking even more beautiful than she does on television.

Heading over to watch them tape the TODAY show must be an Ohio thing. Look at the other Ohioans in line on the plaza!

Comments