Part of the family


Tomorrow I head off to New York for our family friend Brian's wedding. Brian and my cousin Andrew have been inseparable best friends since they were five. I mean these guys are closer than most brothers and have remained this way even though they live 3,000 miles apart. With Andrew and Brian being such good friends, our two families have become like extended families to each other.

When you know someone this well, it's fun to look back on the days gone by leading up to their big day. Having Brian help me with Macroeconomics in college (I got an A- by the way and he went on to be a professor), learning about this thing called email and digital cameras and having him GRIND coffee beans at 7 a.m. in my cousin's apartment in San Francisco so Andrew would wake up for work--he failed to realize this would wake up me and their other friend as well. And that time we took a wrong turn and ended up in the middle of a dirt bike race in California--good times ; )

Now it's time to welcome Liz to our extended family as well. It's funny because when you think of getting married, you never realize how not only do you gain relatives through your spouse, but you gain these people who act like your relatives! People you don't even know but who know ALL about you and are blogging about you. Welcome to the family Liz!


Comments