Remember when....

I truly believe that each stage of life can be fun. I'm not a believer in this "college was the best years of my life" mentality. I mean college was fun and all, but if that was really "the best" then why keep moving ahead in life? Why not, just end there? Why keep on going for another 50 to 60 or 70 years?

Each stage of life should be fun. It may be vastly different from your life a few years or even a few decades before but fun nonetheless. It's all about your shift in priorities and sometimes you look back with better memories than you had going through that stage in your life. It's the "before" we're going through now without knowing what the "after" will be.

Tonight I had one of those nights. Nothing spectacular but funny on its own merit. I wouldn't consider this my normal routine but maybe something I'd only do at this stage of my life. I might even remember this in the future as part of the "before." Kind of like "Remember when I worked late on a Friday showing houses in what could be considered the ghetto? And that lady knocked on the door and asked us for money and I drove home and stopped at Target of all places for dinner?" Yep, those were good times...

Comments

Gayle said…
Amen, sistah! And I'm also a believer in "you're as old as you feel." You're not old just b/c you're not 18 anymore, or 23 anymore, or over some certain milestone age. You are what age you are, just be. :)