The world of social networking

The biggest thing to change our age is the ease of keeping in touch with others. With email, instant messenger, cell phones and the abundance of social networking sites, there's really no reason to not have some contact with people you knew way back when.

With all that in mind, it still makes me laugh that my people I knew in high school (some well, some not that well) are now all connected. It's almost like it's this big tree that keeps growing. I get in touch with Alvin who is connected to Michael who found Sonia on there who still talks to Joy who has a message on there from Javine who knew Linda who talks to Colin etc. etc. All of who (whom? it's been awhile since grammar class!) are now connected to each other.

It's funny to get random insights from these people "So, how is the paint in your family room looking now?" This is from a girl who I didn't really know in high school but ended up living on the same floor in my dorm in college. Then there's my comment about how "Paul McCartney should get a prenuptial agreement with his next wife." This spurred the always insightful (and sarcastic) Colin to comment on how HE should marry Paul next and live the good life....if only both of them liked men ; )

All of these connections make me feel good. There's something about keeping up with people who knew you that is nice. Plus, it will make it a whole lot easier for me to recruit people to come to our high school reunion in a few years! haha

Comments