Holy, speedy government and the making of a season finale

I was anticipating getting my $600 "bonus check" from the government in oh, many weeks from now. Today, I got a letter in the mail saying I should receive it by May 16 (it's already May 19) and wouldn't you know, it showed up in my bank account a few days ago! Who knew speedy would be a word I would use for a government agency! Go IRS or Dept. of the Treasury : )

Since the writer's strike has been over, I've been catching up on the few shows I watch regularly. I tune into the Sunday night ABC lineup of Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters. A few weeks ago, I watched the season finale for Brothers and Sisters and got caught up in seeing Scottie and Kevin say their vows in their commitment ceremony. The rest of the week, I thought about how ten years ago the whole world viewed gay relationships so differently! When Ellen came out so to speak, her show got canceled and we didn't hear from her for years and now the ceremony is the big event of the year? Wow. To my surprise, I watched the finale of Desperate Housewives to see the season end with yet another commitment ceremony! My goodness, is this the new trend? I can see writer's saying "Okay, yeah, we have the cliff hanger ending, the story wrap up and the commitment ceremony so we're all good. Let's call it a season...."

Comments