Waiting for the red light to flash

In the last month or two I have felt somewhat like a teenage girl waiting for the phone to ring. Only replace "teenage" with "30something" and "phone to ring" with "Blackberry to flash."

Yes, it's true. I turned in my older than old cell phone and my dad and I got Blackberries. It's a little crazy but it's true and let me tell you it was love at first sight : ) The only problem is now I'm in that anxiety ridden state of wanting to be in constant contact with my phone just in case the light flashes saying I have an email....It's my new "issue" that I need to work through and I realize that I may have a problem. It's comforting knowing that admitting I have a problem is the first step to recovery!

Funny how I'm not anxious for the phone to actually ring, just for it to flash.....technology is a strange, beautiful thing: )

Comments