Back to Never, Neverland

I made it back from my European adventure and now back to work today. I must say when you go back to work after ten days away, you really start to realize why you look forward to vacation. Maybe it's just that I really, really need to find a different career. It could also be the family pooch that came to work today feeling rather gaseous (a pleasant mental image I know....) Or, maybe just depression tends to set in when it's a grey, rainy day in Columbus after perfect weather abroad.

Anyway, as I always say life is never boring (happy, sad, depressed, elated but never, ever is it boring). An old friend from high school messaged me on facebook tonight to say he'd be in town and wanted to get together for dinner so that's exciting. I definitely didn't expect to catch up with someone this week that I haven't seen in ten years. It's always fun to go back to your roots and those who know you well. It's like they have an insight into you that others don't. Granted your newer close friends know WAY more about you now but there's something about those who knew you at age 10 that can bring about what your life-long tendencies have been.

Up next, photos from my trip. Stay tuned.

Comments