Enjoying the second act

I remember years ago Jane Fonda wrote a book about enjoying the third act of life or something related to her turning 60 and enjoying her next thirty years. As I am now firmly in my thirties, you could call this stage of life from 30 to 60 as the "second act." It's funny because after spending a weekend with thirty of my "closest acquaintances" in a beach house in Holden Beach, NC for a friend's wedding and hearing friends woes of family scenarios I know what this act will be all about. These thirty years are all about letting things go. You realize that few things are that important to make a big fuss over them. The focus comes off of you doing things just for you and instead focuses more on others. It's a nice thought that hopefully gets perfected as the decades of this act continue.

Here are some photos from my weekend at the beach:
Marren and Kelli in the car after the ceremony

Cuter than cute flower girl Emma

Josh's poor nieces and nephews freezing on the beach during the ceremony

Beautiful almost sunrise at the beach

Comments